ISO 22000: 2005
ISO 22000 is an international standard suitable for all companies in the food chain, including related companies such as manufacturers of equipment, packaging materials, detergents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000: 2005 is also suitable for companies that want to integrate their quality management system, e.g. ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.
The standard combines generally accepted basic elements, food rights and food laws to ensure food safety in the food chain.
Your added value with an ISO 22000 certification
With a certification according to ISO 22000 you benefit from:
- Introduction of internationally recognized processes in your company and compliance with food laws
- Build supplier and stakeholder trust in your hazard control
- Deploy these hazard controls across your supply chain
- Introduction of transparency in accountability and areas of responsibility Continuous improvement and updating of your system so that it remains effective
- ISO 22000: 2018 has been published
With a stronger focus on risk-based thinking and an alignment to high level structure, the new ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System can offer additional benefits to companies of all sizes in the entire food chain:
- Better control of food safety activities
- Customer, legal and regulatory compliance
- Facilitated market growth
- Increase in customer, stakeholder and consumer trust in products
- Improved risk management
- Integration with other ISO management systems